We’re hiring a Customer Success Operations Manager whose mission will be to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our Customer Success team. You will report into the VP of Customer Success and will be their trusted partner in defining customer success objectives, strategy, tactics, and in implementing processes that scale. This role will enable CS leadership to be focused on leading their team and strategy and the broader CS team to be focused on managing their customers and implementations. In this role, you will be tasked with optimizing processes to reduce inefficiencies and costs, fueling productivity, scalability, and long-term business value.
Data: upsell and renewal forecasting, account health, NPS & CSAT, adoption
- Track performance metrics across key areas: go-live, revenue, product, customer feedback & NPS, and customer experience.
- Reporting: Report on past results and renewals and upsell forecasts, e.g. through dashboards and presentations
- Analysis: Track leading indicators of renewals and upsell, and analyze them to understand what’s going well and what’s not
Process: playbooks, proactive touchpoints, cross-functional coordination
- Customer implementation phase: optimize implementation projects, driving delivery and efficient go live.
- Define roles and responsibilities across implementation manager, project manager, support account manager, c&e consultant and CSM
- Define number of phases needed per customer implementation
- Improve process to meet 13 week timeline for go live
- Detect early signals of go live risks, design playbooks for project manager to address them, and provide path to escalation
- Help the implementation team overcome delays in implementation and drive go live and delivery
- Driving revenue & satisfaction:
- Customer Lifecycle: Determine the timing and content of touch points for the CSM along the customer journey, to drive optimal adoption and NPS
- External Communications: Coordinate with marketing to synchronize email outreaches with CS touch points
- Risk Management: Detect early signals of live and at-risk customers, design playbooks for CSM to address them, and provide path to escalation
- Opportunity Management: Identify top customers for upsell
- Cross-Functional Coordination: Coordinate cross-functional processes that help meet go live and upsell targets and deliver on customers’ needs
- Process for CS team and customers to pass their feedback to the Product team
- Align with the Support team on resolution of major cases, RCAs and reporting bugs to the Engineering team
- Building process to create reference customers
People: goals, targets, performance, workforce/team planning
- Team roles and responsibilities: Define clear ownership for each CS role, including the Project Manager, C&E Consultant, Implementation Manager, CSM, SAM, including RACI for each role during the customer life-cycle, and clearly communicate where each role begins and where it ends.
- Team Structure: Tier existing customers, assign them to CSMs, re-distribute workload as needed, and forecast hiring needs as well as resource allocation
- Compensation: Determine the metrics on which bonuses are based, and define targets for those metrics
- Enablement: Provide materials and data that help CS work more effectively
Systems: CSM tool management and implementation, CRM ownership of customer elements
- Systems: Implement and manage software that facilitates CSM activities
- CRM: ownership of CS elements within CRM
Strategic initiatives: product, customer experience, marketing, engagement initiatives